What is a Power Seller?
Commercial merchants who have set up themselves professionally on e-commerce platforms such as Amazon or eBay and continuously show a high trading volume can be described as power sellers. For example, the online sales platform eBay offers a Power Seller program for which you can qualify. In principle, Power Sellers can enjoy advantages over “normal” traders. The criteria for the admission as Power Seller can vary between the e-commerce platforms.
How do you become a power seller on eBay?
In order to earn the eBay Power Seller status and enjoy its benefits, the seller must first be commercially registered. The dealer profile also requires a minimum of 100 rating points, of which at least 98% must be positive. A further criterion for inclusion is an average value of 4.4 in the detailed seller ratings.
In addition, eBay divides the Power Seller into different levels (Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum). Each level is linked to certain discounts and benefits.
Furthermore, Power Sellers receive a service status that is calculated based on the service quality, which is calculated from the number of low detailed ratings with only 1 or 2 stars.
All the requirements you need to meet at a glance:
- Be registered as a commercial seller.
- You must have been registered on eBay for at least 90 days.
- You have completed at least 100 transactions with buyers in Germany, Austria or Switzerland within 12 months.
- Difference between a sold item and a transaction: A customer buys 6 items simultaneously from a multiple offer. However, this only counts as one transaction.
- At least 1.000 Euro gross turnover within 12 months.
- Show at least 98% positive ratings.
- Meet eBay seller standards at all times.
- Have a balanced account (no receivables).
What are the advantages of a Power Seller?
First of all, Power Sellers have the opportunity to qualify for worldwide eBay markets such as Great Britain, Ireland, France, Australia, Belgium, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Canada and the USA.
Through service status and top ratings, customers can expect retailers to deliver excellent customer service. Overall, the Power Seller status could strengthen customer confidence and increase sales by expanding the markets. In addition, the eBay Power Seller program is completely free.